My Day in Boston- NOV.5.22

I visited Boston with the main purpose of seeing a concert. The band is called the 1975, and I have wanted to see them for some time. I chose to see them in Boston because I had been once before and remember being very fond of this city, and ultimately I am really glad that I chose to see them in Boston rather than at Madison Square Garden in NYC where I typically go and have been many, many times before.

The venue

So the show I was seeing was located at Fenway Park, specifically at MGM music hall which is directly adjacent to Fenway Park, the baseball field. This venue was very charming and I do wish that I got a better look at things like the lobby however the fans at this concert were rushing for a barricade spot, and so was I so there was little time to take in too much of that sort of interior.

The venue was actually rather small as well which surprised me, I was within the first 200 people in the building and still was unfortunately nowhere near the stage. Also another big detriment to this venue is the fact that 1. once you’re in there you aren’t getting out for a restroom break, standing room only is quite literal here. And 2. Be sure to eat before hand because I was shocked when I got inside and saw they were serving alcohol but no food! Definitely a big factor when deciding to go to this venue in the future.

The Band

The 1975 puts on an amazing show and I cannot recommend it and more, go see them! They also clearly had a fond relationship with Boston in particular because they had visited on previous tours so it added another layer of sentiment to this trip for me which is always lovely.

New experiences

I also got to stop at the New England Aquarium this trip, which was a very fun new thing I got to try this trip. I took lots of photos in my time there which you can see here.

Other posts in this Blog: